February 1, 2012

welcome, haters.


What is with people who are so against being happy and healthy?!  I totally understand that everyone has choices, remember lifestyle changes?  But come on.  To be SO closed minded that the thought of even just trying something that is better for you - and the planet! might just "make you sick" - come on.  I am not a confrontational person and trust me, I am not one to push my beliefs onto anyone else.  But, the fact that you clicked on this link was simply your choice so now that you're here, let's talk about it - I'm intrigued too! :)
Let's start with this... what is it about the word "Vegetables" that makes people cringe?  I just don't get it!  As soon as you add this word to anything, people are quick to shy away and turn down food... no matter how freaking hungry they are!  What the heck!

Case in point.  We shot a music video last Saturday (for Jams new song "Luvin' U" featuring ME!) and usually when we do shoots or events, we run to Costco and pick up platters to feed the crew for the day.  Easy Peasy.  Well, this particular day, I decided to make my chicken salad and stir-fry to promote the VEGness!   Everyone was eating it up... pun intended ;)  Later in the night, the stir-fry was referred to as vegetable stir-fry and instantly there was hesitation on eating it.  "Eh, I'm not that hungry" - really.  Well why don't you just go eat some stir-fry.  Let me show you what it looks like.  After close inspection, not only did this person eat it, they actually went back for seconds and before I knew it, the stir-fry was gone.  

Side note: I used gardien chicken and no one knew the difference.  Hehehee... take that meat eaters!!!  Just kidding :) I guess from now on we just need to omit the word "vegetable" from our phrasing.  When something is wonderfully yummy AND good for you, it should be a win-win!  Come on peeps!

On the flip, I'll be real.  Don't think I'm getting off on salads, because I'm not.  I have never been a huge vegetable person.  I was the kid at the dinner table feeding my dog the peas and slipping my grandma my unwanted green beans when my parents weren't looking.  I was the one who spit my asparagus into my napkin while pretending to wipe my face.  You might be thinking to yourself, well why in God's name would you become vegan then?  It's just weird, and coming from someone who doesn't like vegetables, it doesn't add up - so what gives?  Why the switch?
Well, let me explain something to you my sweet friends.  I didn't decide to be a vegetarian or go vegan so I could sit here and tell you why it's awesome.  Nor did I do it to be 'right' and instill my beliefs on you.  I stopped eating meat simply because it wasn't good for me.  What was hard for me was giving up dairy (my FAVORITE food in the whole entire world is cheese).  The reason I made the change was because I was overweight, wanted to lose weight and nothing else worked.  To fulfill my crazy cheese cravings, I figured out ways to make vegetables in a way that appealed to me.  Where I didn't feel like I was sacrificing flavor and substance.  Now that I replaced those 'bad things' with healthier choices, I am able to eat whatever I want and my weight stays the same.  Once I made the switch I started researching more and that just reconfirmed the decisions I had made... and those things I learned keep me strong everyday. 
Oh! Sorry haters, let's get back to you.  I get it.  I created a lifestyle that allows me to eat amazing food that is good for me and good for the planet.  Not only am I happy about all of it, I share it with you to help open your eyes to make the world we live in a better place - and you never know, you might be happier too believing in something.  But the fact of the matter is that you haters go out of your way to hate so much it just proves that you are paying attention.  I don't care if we're on the same team or not.  Keep listening and keep hating.  This is the beauty of life - each of us get to make our own decisions and believe in what ever we want!  My question to you is why hate when we can luv?  I am the change I want to see in the World and you can be too.  This place is full enough of ugly, negative people.  If you're wondering what your purpose is, take another breath and realize you're alive - and smile... that's purpose enough for me :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Love this.... I smile because your blog is so positive and beautiful like you!

    ReplyDelete